Sep 2, 2011

Videogame Review: Audiosurf



Today I'm gonna review one of my favourites games in the last time: Audiosurf.

Audiosurf is a casual game powered by your OWN music. That's right, you can use ANY song you have in MP3 format. This game has won several awards, like the Annual Independenced Game Festival (IGF) and some "choices" of a lot of review pages.

The games was created by Invisible Handlebar, an independient company, and published in Steamn the February 15,2008. 

What is this game?
In Audiosurf, you are a little space-kart traveling in your choosed song. First of all, when you select the song, the game generate a random track based in the song's bass, drums, time, echo, volumen and melody. If the song is quiet, slow or calm, the track gonna be slow and going upwards, but, if the track is quick, have a hard bassline or drums, the song gonna be all the way down. I rather prefer that.

Ways to play:

You have 3 dificults and 14 characters, some of they are harder versions. For examle, with "Mono" character, you only travel for the song avoiding gray blocks and collecting colred block, the same for "Pro Mono" and "Ninja Mono", but every one of them is harder than the other.

Here's an example of the gameplay with Ninja Mono:

 

 This game is simple, elegant, and with a lot of special effects who made this a masterpiece.
So, why you haven't bought it alredy? BUY IT NOW!
It worths the $9.99

Note: for those who was asking what is my template, I used the "Travel" template and then personalized it. The fonts than I'm using are "TF2 Build" and "TF2 Secondary", avaibles for free in http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Fonts.

16 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, but sounds fun! Maybe I'll try it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this game have a lot of colors, i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to have to spend a lot of time playing this game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea, I really like the execution of this game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that game, have it on my zune.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I remember this! I've never played it, but I've seen ads and reviews of it.
    I like the personalized aspect, remembers me of Monster Rancher...

    Buen blog, te sigo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really neat idea. I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I GOT RICK ROLL :D xD

    great blog :) follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog with a great look and feel! +followed.,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tried it but I kinda didnt like it, dunno, maybe I should give it another chance

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds fun:D! Luckily I do not like speedcore or something, else you will never get the highscore hehe xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arty game, if thats a word, i've played at a friends house. it has great visuals and the gameplay is fun but the concept gets to repetitive for me.

    ReplyDelete